Monday, March 10, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

  Everyone has had cancer effect their lives, and you've probably already read a book or two on cancer. This book goes way deeper than the other cancer books I've read. It asks the deepest question known to man, what is our purpose?

  John Green is one of the most elegant writers that I've read in a long time, he can describe things in a few sentences just as good as another author would take four. His characters were painstakingly real, and his plot was simply heart-breaking. But he missed it.
 
  According to his characters the purpose of life is to have our best life now, and to hope that at the end we liked our choices, and maybe if we are really lucky someone will remember us.

I know there is more than that, and if you read a different book, with an open mind, I'm sure that you will agree that the point of this life is preparation for something bigger, so much bigger and more beautiful. If you read this book with an open heart, you will know the answer to the age old question, the question that separates humans from animals, what is the purpose of life?

 If you really want to know the answer read this book, the Bible (I suggest NIV). Don't roll your eyes. Just read it with an open mind. I have a purpose, and when I die, I know what will happen. Do you know for sure?

No comments:

Post a Comment